Omepralan® contains the active substance omeprazole and reduces the acidity in the stomach.
Omepralan® is used
- for duodenal ulcers (duodenal ulcer)
- for stomach ulcers (ventriculi ulcer)
- in oesophagitis (reflux oesophagitis) or its continuation treatment for the prevention of this disease
- for a specific stomach ulcer (Zollinger-Ellison syndrome)
- for the treatment of pain/discomfort in the upper abdomen caused by too much stomach acid (acid-related dyspepsia)
- for the treatment of patients who are at risk of inhaling stomach contents during general anaesthesia (acid aspiration prophylaxis)
- for the treatment and subsequent further treatment of gastric and duodenal ulcers as a result of prolonged use of painkillers that irritate the intestines
- for the combined treatment (together with antibiotics) of gastric ulcers caused by a specific bacterium (Helicobacter pylori).