Gerolamic® contains the active substance lamotrigine.
Gerolamic® belongs to a group of medicines called antiepileptic drugs. It is used to treat epilepsy and bipolar disorder.
Adults and adolescents aged 13 and over
- Adjunct or monotherapy of partial and generalised seizures including tonic-clonic seizures;
- Seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. Gerolamic® is given as add-on therapy but may also be used as the initial antiepileptic drug to start treatment of Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
Children and adolescents from 2 to 12 years
- Adjunctive therapy for partial and generalised seizures including tonic-clonic seizures and seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome;
- Monotherapy of typical absences.
Adults 18 years and older:
- Prevention of depressive episodes in patients with bipolar I disorder and predominantly depressive episodes .
Gerolamic® is not indicated for the acute treatment of manic or depressive episodes.