Lannapril® contains the active substance ramipril.
Ramipril belongs to the class of active substances known as ACE inhibitors (ACE = angiotensin converting enzyme).
Lannapril® is given to adults.
Lannapril® is used for:
- Treating high blood pressure (hypertension).
- Reducing the risk of having a heart attack or stroke,
- Reducing the risk or slowing down the progression of kidney dysfunction (in both diabetics and non-diabetics),
- Treating heart failure, when the heart is not pumping enough blood around the body (congestive heart failure),
- Treatment following a heart attack with the complication of heart failure.